(09) 869 2097
Lawyers and Mediators in Auckland

Child Support

"Child Support"

Child support is paid by the parent who does not have the child in their day-to-day care.  This money is for the care and needs of the child. In many cases parents agree to the amount that will be contributed, referred to as a “voluntary” agreement. Usually the liable party will set up a regular payment for the agreed amount and many couples like this arrangement to be recorded as an agreement between them both.In cases where the parties cannot agree or someone fails to make regular payments the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) administers the “Child Support Scheme” to ensure regular payments are made.I can assist you with both of these areas. If you are able to come to a voluntary arrangement I can draft this into your parenting agreement. If you need assistance understanding and working through IRD I can provide this also.

Have a question?

Call Us… (09) 869 2097